Clarke’s Fresh Fruit
The Strawberry Market in Ireland today is valued at €74.3 million with the expected production of 7.7 million kg of fruit this year.
- Clarke’s Fresh Fruit is now an established brand in Ireland and is the second largest producer of strawberries in the country.
- Owner and Director Pat Clarke is in business over 50 years.
- Over 140 people are employed on the farm.
- To maintain freshness and to prevent bruising, the staff are trained in the art of stem picking.
- Clarke’s Family Farm has extended the growing season from April to November using specialised growing methods.
- Clarke’s Fresh Fruit is available in Dunnes Stores, SuperValu, Centra, Lidl, Aldi and Independent stores nationwide.
- The fresh berries are delivered daily in a fleet of refrigerated trucks and vans.
Strict Quality Control is implemented by specialised internal staff and external professional auditors.
Berries of Choice
The sophisticated dessert created with Pat Clarke Strawberries for the State Dinner at Dublin Castle
- Pat is honoured to have his berries feature on the seasonal menu in Chef Neven Maguire’s very famous MacNean House and Restaurant, Blacklion, County Cavan.
- They are the berries of choice for guests to Áras an Uachtaráin, the President of Ireland’s home.
- Clarke’s strawberries were chosen by Chef Ross Lewis, Chapter One Restaurant, Parnell Street, Dublin for the State Banquet in Dublin Castle to honour Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip on their visit to Ireland.
“We created this dish to entertain the diners visually as much as on the palate. The presentation looks like the setting for an Irish fairytale. What a dainty dish to set before a queen”.
“In the summer I love Clarkes’s strawberries grown in Co. Meath. Pat Clarke stem picks each strawberry which means they are the most delicious strawberries to use in summer desserts”.