Smoked Duck Salad with Strawberry Dressing
Smoked Duck Salad with Pat Clarke Strawberry Dressing
- 120g packet sliced smoked duck breast (Silver Hill, if possible)
- 1 large orange, flesh cut into segments
- 100g Pat Clarke strawberries, hulled and diced into cubes
- 50g (2oz) mixed salad leaves
- 3 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
- finely grated rind of ½ orange
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp strawberry vinegar
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 1 tsp snipped fresh chives
- sea salt and freshly ground
- black pepper
This is a lovely starter that proves a little can go a long way – you will only need a 120g packet of smoked duck, which is now available in large supermarkets and good delis. Otherwise it works well with Ummera smoked chicken, depending on your preference.
To make the dressing, whisk the orange rind in a bowl with the rapeseed oil, strawberry vinegar, honey and chives and then season to taste.
Divide the smoked duck between the plates. Arrange the orange segments between each duck slice. Sprinkle the diced strawberries over the duck and oranges. Mix the salad leaves with the dressing and arrange in the centre of the duck slices. Drizzle any remaining dressing over the top, then scatter over the toasted almonds to serve.